Hello DIYers! One of the websites i follow Diply.com shared an interesting article about organising one of the most difficult places to keep neat i.e. the closet!
I thought it would be a good share to give us ideas of what we can do with those clothing items that never seem to get organised. Warning, long post ahead!
The article shared 19 ways to organise your closet and drawers
I picked out 13 of my favourite ways. Here we go;
1. Tie your scarves to a hanger
2. Roll up clothes to save space
This is a trick i learnt as a girl scout and i apply it even when packing my suitcase whenever i travel! It works! I look like I’m travelling light but I’ve got more than enough clothes!
3. Sort your weekly wardrobe in advance
I am definitely doing this today!!
4. Save floor space and hang your laundry bag
5. Use PVC pipes for storage
6. Use shoe boxes as drawer organizers
via Real Simple / Levi Brown
This is simply amazing!!! My underwear drawer is always a mess and i spend several minutes every morning searching for matching pieces.
7. Keep matching sheet sets together by storing them in pillowcases
via Martha Stewart
Brilliant idea from Martha Stewart!
8. Stack your shirts upright so you can see what’s inside your drawer
via All Day Chic
This i have always applied and it works! You also get to know which tops/t-shirts you haven’t worn in a while.
9. Use an ornament box to organize your socks
10. Store your shoes in an old wine box
If you do not have wine boxes, you could consider using the six packs used to sell beers in our local supermarkets. Of course this limits what shoe size and type of shoe that can go in.
11. Use ice cube trays to organize your jewelry
I love this idea especially for the small earrings that you cannot hang.
12. Keep your gadgets organized and charged in your nightstand
13. The number one question
Thank you for reading this long post! Which of these tips and tricks will you use? Do share!
Keep it DIY!